From : Winston-Salem , NC
At a young age, I enjoyed sports & being outside . I didn’t know what I wanted to pursue as a career until my second year of college . I fell in love with anatomy & physiology & was fascinated of how the mind & body worked . I studied exercise science for three years at two different universities (Georgia Regents University (now re named as Augusta University) & Georgia state university in Atlanta , GA . I ended up getting my CPT certification through NASM (national academy of sports medicine) at the Atlanta School of Massage in 2017–a 600 hour clinical training program. Currently, I am going through the process of maintaining a corrective exercise certification through NASM. I have been personal training for two years & am absolutely in love with it. It’s an honor to see someone progress & push themselves to be a better & stronger individual physically & mentally.
I am a highly motivated NASM Certified Personal Trainer, passionate for encouraging individuals to accomplish their fitness goals in a supportive, positive and energetic environment in order to make healthy changes to exercise the body as well as the mind. I focus on clients’ balance, strength , flexibility, stability, core, muscular endurance, performance, recovery & cardiorespiratory endurance . I monitor clients progress on body composition analysis , muscular efficiency (InBody) , nutritional guidance. I get so much out of helping others achieve their fitness & life goals–what a wonderful process to experience & watch with a client .
Jose Trevino is one of Team Octopus’s newest strength and conditioning coaches .
Victor started training boxing at Jose Suleiman’s boxing gym in Mexico at the age of 6 with his
uncle, the European Champion at the time. Victor started competing in boxing at the age of 12.
His drive to become a martial artist helped him to find Taekwondo, were he obtained a red and
blue belt and eventually Muay Thai.
Victor started training in Kickboxing and Muay Thai in 1998 at a local gym. Soon after he
started training he met Khunpon, a Muay Thai champion from Thailand. Since then, Victor has
trained under the guidance of Khunpon in which he has helped several local and world
champions from Thailand prepare for their upcoming fights.
Victor is a certified trainer and has been in the fitness industry for several years. He has
instructed Kickboxing, Boxing, Bootcamp, CrossFit and Muay Thai classes. You can find Victor
instructing high energy challenging classes at Team Octopus!
Boxing 10 – 4
Taekwondo 5 – 2
Muay Thai 7 – 1
An Vu is a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. He started training in BJJ in 2014.
An started wrestling in high school at the age of 16. He has experience as an assistant coach for kids wrestling since 2011.
- Multiple time Newbreed Adult Gi and NoGi Advanced Champion
- NAGA NoGi Adult Expert Lightweight Champion
- Multiple time IBJJF Open winner and medalist
- Silver medalist White belt adult featherweight IBJJF Pan Jiu Jitsu Championship
- Bronze medalist Blue belt adult light featherweight IBJJF World Championship
Anna Salome began training Jiu Jitsu in 2009 under Master Roberto Traven in Atlanta, GA. After trying just one class, she fell in love with the sport and has been training and competing consistently ever since. Now, with years of experience and a myriad of competition successes, Anna is a black belt with a passion for learning and teaching the art. As a coach, Anna is driven to help empower others through the martial art she loves.
- IBJJF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS – Brown Adult Light-Feather – 2nd
- FIGHT TO WIN PRO 36 ’17 – Professional Submission Only Jiu Jitsu – Win by Submission
- FIGHT TO WIN PRO 20 ’16 – Professional Submission Only Jiu Jitsu – Win
- IBJJF ATL Summer No-Gi Open ’16 – Brown Adult Feather / Open Class – 2nd/ 2nd
- IBJJF ATL Summer Open ’16 – Brown Adult Feather / Open Class – 1st / 2nd
- IBJJF NY Open ’16 – Brown Adult Feather / Open Class – 1st / 1st
- IBJJF ATL BJJ Pro ‘16 – Brown Adult Feather / Open Class – 1st / 1st
- IBJJF ATL Summer Gi Open ’15 – Brown Adult Feather / Open Class – 1st / 1st
- IBJJF ATL Winter Open ’15 – Purple Adult Feather / Open Class – 1st / 2nd
- IBJJF ATL Open ’14 – Purple Adult Feather / Open Class – 1st / 1st
- IBJJF Worlds ’14 – Purple Adult Light Feather – 2nd
- IBJJF Pan Ams ’14 – Purple Adult Light Feather / Open Class – 1st / 3rd
- IBJJF ATL Open ’13 – Purple Adult Medium / Open Class – 2nd / 2nd
- IBJJF Worlds ’13 – Purple Adult Light Feather – 2nd
- IBJJF Pan Ams ’13 – Purple Adult Light Feather – 2nd
- IBJJF NY Open ’13 – Purple Adult Light Feather / Open Class – 1st / 3rd
- IBJJF ATL Open ’12 – Blue Adult Light Feather / Open Class – 1st / 2nd
- IBJJF Worlds ’12- Blue Adult Light Feather – 3rd
- IBJJF Pan Ams ’11 – White Adult Feather – 1st
Cathryn Sessoms teaches Kickboxing classes at Team Octopus.
Having over 15 years of experience in the Health and Fitness
Industry, she is both knowledgeable and passionate, as her aim for
all participants is two-fold: to have a highly-charged workout, while
simultaneously learning and applying proper form and technique
throughout the sessions. Cathryn is a certified personal trainer
who genuinely enjoys instructing, guiding, and engaging her
students/clients towards achieving their fitness goals.